Discover the quaint village of Hallville, nestled in the heart of Ontario and merely a stone's throw away from the bustling city of Ottawa. Though Hallville itself is a serene hamlet, its proximity to Kemptville and Mountain opens up a plethora of activities for visitors and residents alike. Here's a curated list of the top 5 activities you can indulge in while visiting this tranquil locale:
- Local Shopping Spree: Dive into the local culture by visiting the specialty and gift shops in Kemptville. From handmade crafts to unique souvenirs, the local shops are a treasure trove of quaint and quirky finds.
- Nature Trails at Ferguson Forest Centre: Reconnect with nature by exploring the serene trails of Ferguson Forest Centre. The lush greenery and tranquil pathways provide a refreshing escape from the urban hustle.
- Water Fun at Rideau River Provincial Park: just a short drive from Hallville, the Rideau River Provincial Park offers a variety of water activities. Whether you fancy kayaking, canoeing, or simply lounging by the shore, the park is a haven for water enthusiasts.
- Day Trip to Ottawa: Being just 40 minutes away, Ottawa is well within reach for a day trip. Explore the rich history and vibrant culture of Canada’s capital, visit the iconic Parliament Hill, and enjoy gourmet dining at the ByWard Market.
- South Mountain Fair: Once a year the South Mountain Fair is a well-celebrated event in South Mountain, showcasing various entertaining activities and contests. Here are the details on the specified events: Baby Contest: The Baby Contest is scheduled at the Agricultural Hall at 10:00 a.m during the fair, where the little ones are likely to be showcased and celebrated1.
Demolition Derby: Although detailed information about the Demolition Derby wasn't provided, it's listed as one of the events at the fair, likely involving a thrilling vehicle collision competition2.
Black Creek Rodeo Co: Black Creek Rodeo Co presents the Kubota South Mountain Rodeo during the fair. The event occurs in the Western Horse Ring, with one session from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m and another from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m34. Planning for the 2024 fair is underway, and more details will be available in late spring5.
Children’s Pet Show: The Children’s Pet Show is held behind the Agricultural Hall at 9:00 a.m., giving youngsters a platform to showcase their beloved pets1.
- Contact south mountain fair for more detail on the next date.