Why choose an Energy Star Rated Home?
There are several reasons why it's important to pay attention to Energy Star ratings when buying or building a home. First, homes that are more energy efficient mean lower energy bills for homeowners. Second, energy-efficient homes are better for the environment, as they reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants. Additionally, energy-efficient homes are often more comfortable to live in, as they are better insulated and have more consistent temperatures throughout the year – perfect for Canada's extreme temperatures! Overall, an Energy Star Rated Home can lead to significant energy savings and a more comfortable living environment. Energy Star Rated homes are built with energy-efficient features such as insulation, high-performance windows, and efficient heating and cooling systems, resulting in lower utility bills and a reduced carbon footprint. Energy Star is the way to go!
What is Energy Star Rated?
- ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency
- Reduces utility and operational costs
- Increases comfort and air quality
- Saves money and increases resale value
- Increased durability - Home lifespan
- Uses 20% less energy - Reduces greenhouse gases
What to look for in an Energy Star Certified Home
All the must-haves by Park View Homes standards
- Increased use of continuous insulation helps reduce heat loss through walls and basement floors.
- Reduced Thermal bridging to ensure heating and cooling are optimized within the building envelope.
- All exterior window and door perimeters are sealed with expanding foam to prevent drafts.
Tighter Building Envelope
- Tighter building envelope and improved construction practices to reduce air leakage.
- Less drafts meaning more consistent temperatures throughout the home.
High Efficient Mechanical Systems
- 96% Efficient AFUE Energy Star Furnace (For every dollar spent on fuel, 96 cents is converted into usable energy)
- 75% Efficient SRE Energy Star HRV
- Proper heat loss/heat gain calculations and duct sizing to ensure balanced comfort throughout the home.
- Custom duct work sized and sealed for increased mechanical efficiency for home.
Energy Efficient Lighting
- With advancements in L.E.D technology, it's one of the most used options in homes.
- L.E.Ds are a very convenient and cost effective solution to reducing energy usage in a home.
High Performance Windows and Doors
- Triple glazed windows and doors to increase the energy efficiency of the home by reducing heat loss and condensation on window panes.